Hello:
For the past couple years I have also selling gourmet coffee beans and gourmet loose leaf tea. I did find a good supplier with a quality product and good prices. I started selling on Ebay and also thought about selling it on my own website. I sold some online. I also started to sell to family and my co workers. It started off slow but I did not expect to go big right away. But the problem is that it stayed a small deal. Postage rates went up and I lost some buyers and the shipping cost almost equaled the cost of the coffee beans so it become expensive for people to buy it online.
I sold some by the five pound bag to try to save postage but that is always high. Even selling a 1 pound bag now cost about $8 to ship and the cost of the coffee (retail) is about $10 $12 which means customers would have to pay about $20 for one pound of coffee beans. I could no longer justify selling it since that is alot just for a pound of coffee especially since you can get it so much cheaper in the store. Selling to co workers is not enough to keep selling it since I wanted to build this into a business.
I could sell it locally thru the newspaper and such. But I work from home and do not have a storefront so ; I did that I would have to deliver it to the customer. And I could only do so many deliveries a day. Plus I am not very good at finding the addresses plus I hate doing deliveries of this type anyway. Plus I live in the midwest so doing deliveries during the winter is also a big pain. I am selling off what I have left and move on to simple else.
Thanks for Reading:
Mrdragonsfire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment